Simple Winter Activities for Kids
The days may be shorter, but the fun doesn't stop! The Winter Box touches on all of the special gifts wintertime brings - crisp days, warm drinks, and cozy feel-good memories. Plus, it's secretly educational...but your child will never know!
- For ages 3-10
- NOT for children under 3 years of age
- 30 natural, wood coins, each measuring 1.5 inches round
- 60 simple activities
Here are just a few of the Winter ideas and activities you will find in the box:
- Play with flashlights in the dark
- Make snow! Mix together: 3 cups baking soda and 1/2 cup white hair conditioner
- Think of different ways you can melt an ice cube
- Take pictures of winter things indoors or out
- Freeze different objects in ice. Thaw.
Filled to the brim with a variety of winter themed ideas - along with some great indoor-play activities - your child will look forward to choosing activities from their Winter Box! Invite some friends over, choose a couple of coins from the box, and have a blast! You will definitely make some great memories.
All of the activities and ideas in the Winter Box are simple, require little to no prep-work, and use items that are found around the house. When you make the activities as child-led as possible, your child is learning to listen, ask questions, and follow directions. In addition, when you let your child take the lead, you are providing an opportunity to help build their self-esteem, promote independent thinking, and grow their decision making skills.
The best part is that the ideas and activities never get old. Kids can do them over and over again!